The answer is women.
At least according to an infographic prepared by FinancesOnline.com, which displays data collected by reputable sources such as Pew Research Center and Burst Media. Women tend to be the power users behind the most popular social media sites, as they have been found to interact with brands and share photos/news more often than men. Within the United States, women use five of the top six social media sites more than their counterparts, with LinkedIn being the only one skewed towards males. The percentage of online adults using these sites in the United States are:
- Facebook: 76% of women, 66% of men.
- Tumblr: 54% of women, 46% of men.
- Pinterest: 33% of women, 8% of men.
- Instagram: 20% of women, 15% of men.
- Twitter: 18% of women, 17% of men.
- LinkedIn: 19$ of women, 24% of men.