Zombies have become quite popular over the past decade as they have been featured in films, television shows, and literature (such as the famous manual The Zombie Survival Guide). While traditional zombies are fictitious, social media zombies are becoming quite prevalent. Whether it’s live-Tweeting daily events or posting a barrage of images on Facebook and Instagram, this new wave of zombies have become quite addicted to social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. A cool infographic prepared by CalvinAyre.com provide a guide to identify potential zombies withing your own social networks based on the content they post.
- The Food Porn Zombie: this type of social media user is destined to fill your news feed up with food related images and updates.
- The Existential Problematic Ranting Zombie: consistently complaining and captioning every moment of their lives, this type of zombie exposes too much on a daily basis.
- The Know-It-All Zombie: this user conveys the right blend of arrogance and ignorance, making his/her way to the unfriend/unfollow zone.
- The Pop-Culture Zombie: if The Walking Dead was based in Hollywood, California, odds are they would be talking like this and not eating brains.
- The Slut-In-The-Making Zombie: this user is prone to filling feeds with enough selfies to make one want to quit social media sites forever.
- The Desperate Traveler Zombie: for this type of social media user, checking into places isn’t a choice, it’s a lifestyle.