Social media marketing is quickly becoming a popular tactic for ecommerce businesses to generate both brand awareness and revenue generation. According to a recent infographic, there are five main trends to look our for in the coming year:
- Brands will use more content produced by consumers for marketing campaigns. Brand advocates are being used more often by companies to promote their business and products in a positive light, relying on word of mouth marketing and peer recommendations to influence sales.
- Social media platforms will have an impact on traditional advertising. With the use of television-specific hashtags, brands are using cross-platform marketing and social ads to generate interest for television programs.
- Email marketing and social media will become more integrated. Already two key components of audience development, email and social media marketing are beginning to be blended together by ecommerce brands to push sales and expand total audience reach.
- Use of social media marketing will be further developed and advanced by ecommerce companies. With the use of mobile platforms, marketing professionals will figure out how to increase the amount of purchasing activity completed on smartphones and tablets to increase ROI.
- The amount of social media campaigns run by brands will significantly increase. Contests have become very popular on platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram, leading to many opportunities for brands to build audiences for remarketing purposes.
Do you believe social media will become a more important tactic for ecommerce businesses this year? Or has social media’s impact plateaued?