Every single minute, there are millions upon millions of actions taken online or through applications. Mobile technology and advancements in general computing has made it easy for users to become addicted to the online environment, wasting hours on applications such as Facebook and Twitter. An interesting infographic prepared by DOMO collected a range of interesting statistics to represent what happens within one minute on the major online platforms. These include:
- 277,000 Tweets created on Twitter.
- 2,460,000 pieces of content shared on Facebook.
- 204,000,000 email message sent through various communication platforms.
- 4,000,000 search queries are made on Google.
- 216,000 photos are posted to Instagram.
- 3,472 images are pinned on Pinterest.
- 416,667 image/profile swipes are made on Tinder.
These statistics just show how occupied users are with mobile applications and the Internet in general, and it does not look like things will be slowing down any time soon. 2.4 billion perople are connected online, representing a 14.3% increase since 2011. As more users become active online, we can only expect these figures to rise astronomically, representing a multitude of opportunities for marketing professionals to advertise via these various platforms.
How active are you online within one minute?
Infographic Source: Mashable
Featured Image Source: Create Meme