Within the online marketing environment, there are a number of ways to generate brand awareness, web traffic, and a positive return on investment. A recent infographic prepared by Conductor compares the four most popular online marketing tactics: search engine optimization, social media marketing, email, and pay per click advertising. The pertinent results of the research includes the following:
- Organic search is still the most effective channel for generating both overall and targeted web traffic. Social media unfortunately produces the highest bounce rates.
- In terms of customer generation, organic search and social media marketing drive in the most B2B conversions, whereas organic search is the most productive B2C channel.
- Email marketing generates the most qualified leads for B2B marketers, just edging out organic search and more than doubling both pay per click advertising and social media.
Continue reading “Most Effective Online Marketing Channels [INFOGRAPHIC]”
Email marketing is a growing tactic in the online environment because it helps complement social media activities and allows businesses to strategically remarket to users. However, there is a continuous debate with regards to the optimal times to deploy email campaigns. Conventional wisdom and experience on behalf of advertisers is Wednesday or Thursday afternoon. However, according to statistics compiled in an infographic below, the best reactions may happen several days after initial email deployment:
- 21% of transactions happen within two days of receiving an email.
- 32% of purchases take place two week after the initial reception of an email.
Continue reading “Email Marketing Myth Debunked [INFOGRAPHIC]”
The annual State of Digital Marketing report prepared by Webmarketing123 was released not too long ago, providing insights into the latest trends for both B2B and B2C digital marketing. The interactive company surveyed over 500 marketing professionals to understand the main challenges businesses face, the top objectives for online marketing campaigns, and the overall attitudes towards emerging advertising channels.
In terms of listing the top objectives, the results are rather predictable but still quite interesting. B2B businesses focus a significant amount of resources on developing leads, whereas B2C businesses focus on driving sales from end users. This makes sense as most B2C business that advertise online have an ecommerce website, which can help them reach new geographic markets. While B2B businesses do want to generate sales from any marketing initiative, a large amount of resources go into developing leads and pipelines within the online environment.
Continue reading “2014 State of Digital Marketing [INFOGRAPHIC]”
Below is a presentation I prepared for an upcoming guest lecture I’ll be giving at an undergraduate IMC (integrated marketing communications) class on the basics of online marketing. While introductory, this does provide some pertinent statistics with regards to the main online marketing channels that can be of use to any professional:
- Search Engine Optimization
- Search Engine Marketing (also known as PPC Advertising)
- Display Advertising
- Social Media
- Influencer Marketing / Blogger Outreach
- Content Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Mobile Advertising
Continue reading “Online Marketing 101: How to Grow Your Audience in a Digital Age [SLIDESHARE]”
Online marketing is a continuously evolving tactic of the overall marketing mix, especially with social media becoming more popular among business professionals. A recent infographic published by WebDAM illustrates recent trends in marketing and how businesses will leverage channels such as social, email, and SEO to further increase brand awareness, generate leads, and increase overall sales in 2014. Some of the most significant trends include:
- Social Media marketing budgets are expected to double over the next five years. This is due to the fact that Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn have viable advertising solutions to either build an audience or generate leads/sales, and emerging platforms such as Pinterest and Instagram will also have advertising features available to brands all over the world soon. Continue reading “20 Awesome Statistics to Power Your Marketing in 2014 [INFOGRAPHIC]”
It’s been quite a while since my last contribution to this blog, but I thought it would be fun to tailor the content of my first post in two months to Frank & Oak’s innovative marketing strategy. For those of you unaware of the brand, Frank & Oak is a successful online retail business, leveraging the power of social media, email marketing, and an effective easy-to-use website to go from nowhere to $6+ million in sales within a year. I’ve been following the brand ever since I first heard of them back in September, and they have inspired me to approach online marketing in a different fashion. As I become more immersed in developing membership marketing programs for online retails clients as part of my work, I thought I would give a nod to Frank & Oak and provide a detailed analysis of how they got me to purchase from their site four times within the past two months.
Continue reading “Frank & Oak: Showing Retailers how to Employ Strategic Remarketing Online”